Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Recap 2012


I cannot believe that Halloween has come and gone already.  I had barely decorated, and now it has passed me by.  This year has been a little crazy for me at work, so I have a ton of vacation time left that I need to use before the end of the year.  So, I decided to take the day off for Halloween.

I had a very productive day.  I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done in the house. And I was able to put out all of my Fall decor.  I only have a few short weeks to enjoy my favorite season, and then we will all be speeding into the Christmas festivities.

This year babyG decided to dress as a nerd for trick or treating.  The week of Halloween is always Red Ribbon Week at school, so she was also able to wear her costume to school that day.  Normally she has a hard time deciding on a costume, but she knew months in advance what she wanted, and she never even thought of changing her mind.


I must admit, she made a pretty adorable nerd.  This is the second year that her BFF Caity-bug has joined us for trick or treating.  Caity lives WAY out in the woods and has nowhere to go trick or treating.  And we just love having her with us for all the fun.  I laugh when I look at this picture of the two of them together.  Sweet C-bug is very tall for her age, she is only eight. But she is already as tall as big10 is at twelve.


After trick or treating we came back to "sort" and take inventory of our goodies. . . 

 Catch up on the news via the Iphone. . . .

And eat some of the goodies while looking extremely tired.  Both of these boys had been worked hard all week at basketball practice.  Luckily they had a short practice on the day of Halloween. 

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by.  It makes me realize that we have been way too busy, and are moving entirely too fast.  I can't even enjoy what is right in front of me.  I am working on taking it a little slower and trying to enjoy the moment.  Rather than looking ahead at what is coming next.  That being said, I am not going to let it stop me from pinning Christmas decorating ideas on Pinterest. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it either, Tina!! Two weeks from today we'll be sitting around eating turkey, feeling thankful, and taking naps. Unreal!! So glad to hear y'all had a GREAT Halloween. Yea for all the cleaning and organizing. I need to do some of that this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for Halloween pics! G was adorable... and, what, is T too old to trick-or-treat now? Hee, hee! All of Bub's friends trick-or-treated (only one of them didn't dress up, but he went along and got candy with the rest of them). His BFF Nate was ready to go home after 30 mins though b/c his legs were 'tired'. Really, I think he just wanted to go back home and play video games. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love it if you would let me know you were here by leaving a sweet comment!